Audio Question #2

the easiest way is to use a Hi/Low adapter. It would clip on to an existing speaker wire and the adapter would convert the high level speaker signal to a low level signal to put into your sub amplifier. Many adapters also will provide a "turn on" signal to trigger your amplifier on too. I think most of these adapters use transformers to reduce the signal and are not the most cleanest, but low frequencies are not as critical as far as distortion. I think they cost anywhere from $10 to $40.

Things to consider are to make sure the speaker you tap on to is getting the low frequencies you want to amplify. Example, you cant tap on to a tweeter that has a crossover filtering OUT the low frequencies. If you tap on to your existing sub woofer (like I did), make sure you buy a quality adapter that can handle that power (my ML factory stereo is actually very powerful).

Sub amplifiers use a lot of current. I would recommend a qualified installer (car stereo shop) run a fused power wire for you to the battery, find a good ground, and even install the adapter. Then either them or you can install your own amp and sub.

Adding a sub and sub amp really did make a good stereo really rock! :)

good luck!

the easiest way is to use a Hi/Low adapter. It would clip on to an existing speaker wire and the adapter would convert the high level speaker signal to a low level signal to put into your sub amplifier. Many adapters also will provide a "turn on" signal to trigger your amplifier on too. I think most of these adapters use transformers to reduce the signal and are not the most cleanest, but low frequencies are not as critical as far as distortion. I think they cost anywhere from $10 to $40.

Things to consider are to make sure the speaker you tap on to is getting the low frequencies you want to amplify. Example, you cant tap on to a tweeter that has a crossover filtering OUT the low frequencies. If you tap on to your existing sub woofer (like I did), make sure you buy a quality adapter that can handle that power (my ML factory stereo is actually very powerful).

Sub amplifiers use a lot of current. I would recommend a qualified installer (car stereo shop) run a fused power wire for you to the battery, find a good ground, and even install the adapter. Then either them or you can install your own amp and sub.

Adding a sub and sub amp really did make a good stereo really rock! :)

good luck!

thank you very much :]

this was very helpfull

do u know where i can get a hi/low adapter thats not to expensive?

this was very helpfull

do u know where i can get a hi/low adapter thats not to expensive?

you can google high low adapter and see what the online prices are, and then I would go to your local car stereo and see what they want. it may not be worth the difference to get it online, and they can install it if you want. Also while you are getting a price, you can inquire about pricing for the power wiring to the amp. high power amps use wire close to a 1/4" or thicker. you don't want to let it short out and start a fire, so unless you know what you are doing, at least leave that to a pro, and you can install and wire up the rest or ask about pricing for that too.