I Checked The Air Conditioning Diagnostic Codes

tompkinsmt

I checked the codes and got this one....

33 - Open in air mix damper position sensor circuit. Or, open or short in air mix servomotor circuit. Or, air mix servomotor locked.

what exactly does that mean and how do i go about fixing it? someone please help!

I had the same code but it turns out the compressor had failed. Does your AC still work?

I used the gage on the low port and it says filled.....but just seems to blow out hot air. So does this mean i need a new compressor? and no, i do not drive around there. Been to VA beach but i live more near the norfolk naval station. Any idea on what i have to do?

I think you will find the servo motors are the motors that control the various flaps inside the dash which direct the air flow and the air mixing i.e. hot from the heater matrix/cold from the AC/recirculated air/fresh air intake all these are linked to the AC ECU as this makes the necessary adjustments to the flaps/ductings to control the temperature set by the driver.

Have a look here at sections 20 onwards

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/g_U_1990_LEXU...L-AEPGKA_4.html

Having looked at the service manual the Air Mix Servo Motor is located behind the center of the dash but how you get to it is another question.

I think you will find the servo motors are the motors that control the various flaps inside the dash which direct the air flow and the air mixing i.e. hot from the heater matrix/cold from the AC/recirculated air/fresh air intake all these are linked to the AC ECU as this makes the necessary adjustments to the flaps/ductings to control the temperature set by the driver.

Have a look here at sections 20 onwards

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/g_U_1990_LEXU...L-AEPGKA_4.html

Having looked at the service manual the Air Mix Servo Motor is located behind the center of the dash but how you get to it is another question.

looking at that doesnt help me at all, haha......ive recharged it before and it worked good. than about a week ago it started blowing hot air out agian. I found a new compressor online for 150 so im wondering if i should go ahead and buy it or wait it out? any info will help. Is getting a new compressor def going to fix the problem?