Ls430

GailyByrd

With Navigation Unit
I have a LS430 my MFD Unit is no longer working. Does anyone know how to repair it?

Ouch, this could be very pricey. I don't believe they repair it, rather it is a complete swap out module. Are you sitting down... Display unit has an MSRP of $6,192.48, you can buy it discounted at $4,281.31 at www.parts.com

I'd check the obvious things first like cables and fuses to make sure nothing came loose or a fuse popped.

With Navigation Unit
I have a LS430 my MFD Unit is no longer working. Does anyone know how to repair it?

Ouch, this could be very pricey. I don't believe they repair it, rather it is a complete swap out module. Are you sitting down... Display unit has an MSRP of $6,192.48, you can buy it discounted at $4,281.31 at www.parts.com

I'd check the obvious things first like cables and fuses to make sure nothing came loose or a fuse popped.

Initially One dealer said it was the NAV ECU however, we purchased another NAV ECU and it still didn't work. Another Dealer told us it was the MFD Unit. He quoted us at 1260.00 for a refurbished one.

Initially One dealer said it was the NAV ECU however, we purchased another NAV ECU and it still didn't work. Another Dealer told us it was the MFD Unit. He quoted us at 1260.00 for a refurbished one.

Well if the ECU didn't fix it you should ask for a refund of that repair. This shouldn't be guess and replace for items this expensive. $1260 for a re-furb is a heck of a lot better than new. It’s a big number but the car is very limited without the display. There is a procedure to install these devices (not plug and play) there is some sort of annunciation procedure to register the device on the car LAN.

Well if the ECU didn't fix it you should ask for a refund of that repair. This shouldn't be guess and replace for items this expensive. $1260 for a re-furb is a heck of a lot better than new. It’s a big number but the car is very limited without the display. There is a procedure to install these devices (not plug and play) there is some sort of annunciation procedure to register the device on the car LAN.

We also have contacted the manufacturer of the product and they will charge us 875.00 to have it refurbished. We have removed the MFD from our car...It was pretty easy. We just have to have it shipped to the manufacturer.

I thought perhaps someone on the forum had additional information to assist in the repair. We will just have to have it refurbished.

Thanks