Bluetooth A2dp For '06 Gs300awd W/ Nav?

While my 2006 GS300AWD was in service, I had the fortunate misfortune of driving a newer model RX350 that, when it paired with my iPhone 3Gs, also conveniently detected the A2DP profile on the phone and allowed me to play my iPhone's music via Bluetooth seamlessly (no controls via steering wheel or visualization on the dash or anything, but still..)

Now I am back with my own car and wishing I could do that. I've seen the VAIS and DICE solutions, but a Bluetooth wireless connection is MUCH more convenient than any hardwired solution.

Does anyone know if:

1) there is any way to upgrade the Bluetooth stack (firmware, maybe?) on the car?

or

2) there are any add-on solutions like the VAIS/DICE that provide an upgraded Bluetoooth connection mechanism rather than a hardwire?

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Ok... here's what I want (but can't find):

- Connect the SAT radio to a device that is AD2P compliant

- Pair with the device

- Stream music to the device, which pipes it out the SAT channel

Don't care about interface, don't care about controls.

Anyone? Bueller?

Greedy aren't we? People with older Lexus cars would be thrilled to be able to buy the kind of VAIS/etc. interfaces that are available for your car! ;)

I didn't do much searching but the attached graphic shows an AD2P interface from Connects2 ( http://www.connects2.com ) which has been making various interface products for mainly European cars since ... forever. You will still need a VAIS or other product to provide the RCA jacks that the Connects2 AD2P product needs to connect to your head unit. Sounds simplier to buy a more full feature VAIS product that might provide more functionality ... whatever floats your boat.

Bueller? Bueller?

post-2157-1250779744_thumb.jpg

Greedy aren't we? People with older Lexus cars would be thrilled to be able to buy the kind of VAIS/etc. interfaces that are available for your car! ;)

I didn't do much searching but the attached graphic shows an AD2P interface from Connects2 ( http://www.connects2.com ) which has been making various interface products for mainly European cars since ... forever. You will still need a VAIS or other product to provide the RCA jacks that the Connects2 AD2P product needs to connect to your head unit. Sounds simplier to buy a more full feature VAIS product that might provide more functionality ... whatever floats your boat.

Bueller? Bueller?

lol. Thank you. ;). Actually I found a non BT solution on eBay ... The PAGX or something. I'll keep looking though.