Fog Light Wiring Harness Info

intellivised

OK. So I'm finally fed up with these H3C lights. I got the tutorial for how to build the harnesses... I went to the auto parts store and hardware store and short of tearing open packages looking for a matching spade/ring connector I don't know what size of parts I need and can't seem to get the information anywhere.

Refresher:

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/lighting/h3conversion.html

Anyone do this ever? I don't want to buy a whole stack of electrical parts I don't need.

On a tangent: I decided tonight that after a lot of test drives (15!) and a few close calls that the Cash for Clunkers bill is not going to swallow my Lexus up. The best car is a paid for car. Even if it does something expensive to me (water pump...) I live a whopping mile from work and live in a walkable town. I'm having fun just keeping it up for the time being. Seafoaming it tomorrow!

OK. So I'm finally fed up with these H3C lights. I got the tutorial for how to build the harnesses... I went to the auto parts store and hardware store and short of tearing open packages looking for a matching spade/ring connector I don't know what size of parts I need and can't seem to get the information anywhere.

Refresher:

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/lighting/h3conversion.html

Anyone do this ever? I don't want to buy a whole stack of electrical parts I don't need.

On a tangent: I decided tonight that after a lot of test drives (15!) and a few close calls that the Cash for Clunkers bill is not going to swallow my Lexus up. The best car is a paid for car. Even if it does something expensive to me (water pump...) I live a whopping mile from work and live in a walkable town. I'm having fun just keeping it up for the time being. Seafoaming it tomorrow!

I'll be proactive and print the answer to my own question so if anyone else does this they know:

I used a spool of auto wire I got at checkers and the ring terminal and spade size were both 16-14; bought it at Ace. Fit perfect. I used some pliers to pull the out of their nylon jackets. The wire I think is 12 gauge. Got some heat shrink tubing, too. All in for about $15, $20 including the light. Considering the price difference between an H3C and H3 bulb is about that or even more I've come out ahead in this whole deal. Since I'm keeping the car for a while I'm going through and doing all these little fixes to all the stupid little problems that I've ignored. Next up... The gas cap gasket.