Es330 Self Levelling Headlight Fault

My wife's 04 ES330 has the powered, self levelling headlights. Upon startup they cycle as they should, first moving fully up, then fully down, and then centering themselves as to the weight of the car and occupants and cargo. Within the last week, the dash indicator that warns of a malfunction in this system has lit up. I checked for any obvious signs for the indicator to come on, found nothing, so disconnected the battery overnight in hopes of resetting the system. Upon reconnecting the battery the indicator lit up again once the car was started.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation, and can give me an idea as to what the problem is? Otherwise its off to the dealership sometime in the future. Thanks!

As stated in my opening sentence, "Upon startup they cycle as they should, first moving fully up, then fully down, and then centering themselves as to the weight of the car and occupants and cargo. " In other words, they seem to be operating as per normal, the only exception being that the warning light for the system is staying on.