1999 Ls 400, Specific Master Switch Remote Problem

speedo

After previously working great, the driver's door is the only one that will NOT respond to the remote door unlock/lock command. I must stick the key into the driver's side door lock to physically get the door mechanism to lock/unlock.

I know I could buy an expensive Master Switch to see if that fixes it, but my gut is telling me the problem may be located in the driver's side door lock mechanism, which is my name for the separate mechanism nested into the side of the door ABOVE the arm rest where the Master Switch is located.

I am suspicious that the problem may be located in this small piece with the silver handle you pull to open the door from the inside, which also includes the plastic tab you can rock forward or backward to lock/unlock the door manually. I am now forced to rock the lock tab into place each time I exit the car (or use the key to do the same thing) to lock it.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT IS THE MANUAL DOOR LOCKING MECHANISM THAT IS THE PROBLEM, OR IS IT WITH THE MASTER SWITCH?

thanks for any help.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT IS THE MANUAL DOOR LOCKING MECHANISM THAT IS THE PROBLEM, OR IS IT WITH THE MASTER SWITCH?

I doubt if it is either. I suspect the driver door electrical lock actuator is the problem.