Anyone Added A Line-in To The Stock Is300 Stereo?

jcollum

I'm using a cassette adapter right now to get tunes from my phone to my stereo. It works OK, but the cassette adapter is really inconsistent, sometimes it'll drop out part of the signal -- due to the autoreverse probably. Anyway, wondering about my options and wondering if anyone here has successfullly added a line-in to their stock stereo. I'm not really interested in going aftermarket with the stereo, the guys at the local car stereo chain say that you have to do X Y and Z to get an aftermarket stereo in an IS because of the speakers being odd (satellite? coax? something like that). Also aftermarket = theft magnet in my book.

2001 Lexus IS300, CD player but not a CD changer

I'm using a cassette adapter right now to get tunes from my phone to my stereo. It works OK, but the cassette adapter is really inconsistent, sometimes it'll drop out part of the signal -- due to the autoreverse probably. Anyway, wondering about my options and wondering if anyone here has successfullly added a line-in to their stock stereo. I'm not really interested in going aftermarket with the stereo, the guys at the local car stereo chain say that you have to do X Y and Z to get an aftermarket stereo in an IS because of the speakers being odd (satellite? coax? something like that). Also aftermarket = theft magnet in my book.

2001 Lexus IS300, CD player but not a CD changer

I would highly rcomend an aftermarket stereo with detacheable face because on my 01 IS300 the cd player took a dump and on my friends IS same thing happened and also I've been reading many bad things about those stereos, the cd player stops working then the backlight wont turn on so it would be hard or impossible to read what the screen says. but also if you have an ipod you could by an adapter to play it through the stereo wireless, they are like 70 bucks but they are for Ipod only I think.