95 Es300 Temp And Abs And Other Issues

Hey,

I've been having issues with my 95 Lexus ES300 and been slowly but surely narrowing them down. But it seems like new ones arise as soon as i get rid of the old ones. From what I know currently I have only these few Issues left.

Temperature Gauge Issue: I Do not believe my car is overheating it's just my temp gauge seems to be acting crazy... After a while it shoots all the way to Hot but look away or just stare for a little bit it drops half way down between the middle and Hot. It just seems to go up and down like a roller coaster. I don't know why it's doing it. The last things I've done to the car right before that issue started to occur was i put in HID lights, and I was messing around with trying to replace the battery cables and terminals for them. I think maybe I applied too much pressure on that hose that goes from the coolant - engine to the radiator in the front. I had the headlight resting on it as i applied pressure to put in the HID Lights. But i don't think i applied that much hose looks fine and in tact. But yea I am not sure why that is happening.

ABS Light: I've had the ABS lights ever since I added the bulb for it in the cluster. I think the previous owner removed it because it was an eyesore or to pass inspection. My fuses are fine so I don't think that is the issue. I thought it was my brakes and rotors because I hear a rattling sound when i drive coming from the tire area. I replaced all 4 of my rotors and brakes because they needed to be replaced they were un even. I still get that rattling sound. The mechanic told me it might be that i need new pads within the drums because supposedly my rear wheels are rotors and drums. I don't know do you think that would stop the rattling from occurring and the ABS light issue from happening?

Air Bag light: I also get the air bag light when i put in a bulb for that too lol I'm surprised i didn't have a check engine light but that's good though. I don't know how to resolve it, I hear that i have to take it to a Lexus dealer to get that resolved. Would there be any other way?

Window Washer: I can't get the window washer to spray out liquid, i have no way to spray the tubing in the nozzle well maybe i could unscrew the nozzle i don't know. but it's probably the pump.

I guess that's my main issues currently and hopefully the last ones that i need to resolve. I also need to get an O ring because the power steering pump to rack and pinion O ring is threaded or something of that sort and it keeps leaking. Could i possibly find one from autozone or just buy a general set with a variety and it would most likely have the right one?

Any help would be much appreciated. thank you for your time.

man i just got home from a long day of driving. by the time i parked steam started coming from under the hood... when i took a look. the coolant reservoir top had popped off and had sprayed most of the coolant all over the engine and what not. letting it cool off now and will check it in the morning.

but yea i hope nothing serious aside from whatever the temp gauge issue was i don't want there to be a leak or something.

are you supposed to change the coolant for winter/summer use? some people say yea some people say no, i don't know what to do really. but any help would be appreciated.

well i just checked it seems to have burned off excess coolant in the reservoir now it's actually at the full line. i just took a quick stroll around the block... it's overheating shoots to hot after a bit and you can see steam coming out of the coolant reservoir.

Your overheating issue could be a failed thermostat that needs replacing. At least that where you should start first when solving your overheating issue. Other causes are a clogged radiator, collapsed rad hose, failed water pump, or blown head gasket. You need to get to the bottom of this one before you have to replace the engine or the heads.

The ABS light could be a corroded connector at a wheel speed sensor, or a bad speed sensor at one of your wheels. I believe a service tech can pull the ABS codes to diagnose just where the problem is and give you an estimate to fix it.

The air bag light needs a service tech's diagnosis. The air bag can't save your life if it won't fire when needed.

There's no need to change coolant between seasons, but there is the necessity to change it and flush the system every 4 years or so. Have it tested to see if it requires changing, and to see how much protection its giving your engine.

Three things usually cause the windshield washer failure. A clogged nozzle( clean it out), a corroded connector at the washer pump( pull connector and clean it), or a failed washer pump( change it). Good Luck!

the mechanic said he saw no leaks or whatever. and it's running fine for him. he said he added antifreeze into the radiator. if it needed more coolant then why didn't the reservoir get lower? that's the whole point correct? maybe the hose from the reservoir to the radiator needs to be unclogged or something. but yea he said to give him a call back later and see what's up.

It seems that one of the most common problems involving the ES models of the mid-nineties involves the unusual power steering pump-operated cooling fan. Most mechanics are familiar with belt driven and electric cooling fans. Many of them don't seem to comprehend how the hydraulic cooling fan operates and how critical proper operation is to engine cooling.

A common theme that seems to appear regularly on Lexus forums involves a connector that plugs into the rear of the power steering pump. This connector carries a signal from the cooling fan control module located underneath the glove compartment to the power steering pump. When more cooling fan speed is needed (e.g., when the car is moving slowly or idling) this connection causes the power steering fan to speed up, thereby providing more cooling. I don't know how many posters on this forum have reported that they found this connector hanging loose under the engine. The connector apparently gets removed when power steering or engine work is done and then is not reconnected properly. There will not be a problem with overheating while the car is moving at highway speed; or, perhaps, during cooler weather. However, when the weather gets hot and when the car is moving slowly, a cooling fan running too slowly will very quickly cause overheating.

Make certain that this connector is in place on any ES model that has the hydraulic cooling fan.

yea the car runs like it did before now, i can floor it or leave it idle and the temp gauge stays in the middle. I'll check in the glove box area though. and i'll get the rattling noise along with the washer and abs/air bags checked out. can't wait to be problem free sheesh lol