Twoquestions

I want to know guys about the coolant in my car! DO you put coolant in the radiator or the jug that runs from it? What is that Jug for? that says full and low what is it for ????

And another I know you check transmission fluid with the car running but how do you tell is its low low or full becuase it just says hot or cold

I want to know guys about the coolant in my car! DO you put coolant in the radiator or the jug that runs from it? What is that Jug for? that says full and low what is it for ????

And another I know you check transmission fluid with the car running but how do you tell is its low low or full becuase it just says hot or cold

put coolant in your radiator WHEN THE CAR IS COMPLETELY COOL!! Never open it when it is remotely warm or hot as the expanding gasses can spray out and burn you making you one ugly MFER...haha. The tank is simply for overflow.

well, for your transmission...if its cold, the level should be at...COLD and viseversa.

...use a 50/50 mix water >coolant

add at cap hole(rad cap not plastic tank) with car running cold and let warm up adding bits at a time

you want to get the AIR out as much as possible

....when the thermostat opens(temp guage just below halfway) the level wil dramatically drop and you should top up and put the cap on

....now add to resevoir(expansion tank) up to the line(not full)

stage2

....in the mornings or when motor is COLD top up at rad cap hole

when u no longer need to top up, add to expansion tank bottom line

....continue to monitor untill you are sure the cooling system is full with no air pockets

...this may take a few days

IMPORTANT: NEVER remove rad cap when motor is hot.....it is under PRESSURE!!!!

the jug collects hot coolant which is expanded under the heat in motor and under pressure

when it cools it goes back into system

....if you know someone with experience doing this USE THEM!!