Questions About Headlight, Radio Stations, Garage Opener, And Time Bel

bassil2022

hey guys,

I just bought 2001 LS with ultra package. It has 88K mile. and I have a couple of questions...

1. do I need to change the time belt? I know Lexus recommends changing the time belt at 90K mile. but, can I wait little bit more.??

2. when I turn on the headlights "xenon", it works. but, after 1 min the left one goes off. this happen every time I turn them on.

So, when this happen, I turn it off and on again to let them work back, and also after 1 min the left one goes off.

Anyone has any idea how to fix that??? do I need to change it??

3. My LS comes with Navigation system. The radio station works very good. BUT, it does not save the frequency that I want or the station the I want. I followed what the manual says, but nothing works.!!!

If anyone knows, please let me know.

4. the garage opener does not work with me neither. Also, I followed what the manual says with this one also and nothing works.

HELP PLEASE.

Thanks in advance,

Bassil

hey guys,

1. do I need to change the time belt? I know Lexus recommends changing the time belt at 90K mile. but, can I wait little bit more.??

Unless it changed from the previous model year, the timing belt replacement interval is 90,000 miles or 6 years from the car's in-service date -- whichever comes first. It would appear that your timing belt is overdue for replacement.

2. when I turn on the headlights "xenon", it works. but, after 1 min the left one goes off. this happen every time I turn them on.

So, when this happen, I turn it off and on again to let them work back, and also after 1 min the left one goes off.

Anyone has any idea how to fix that??? do I need to change it??

An HID bulb that cycles on and off may be defective. Or it could be the ballast. I'd suggest first replacing both HID bulbs (to ensure a color match) since, even if it's not a bulb problem, the bulbs are likely near the end of the life. You can find OEM Phillips bulbs on eBay for less than $125 for a 2-pack. Be sure the bulbs are new ... some bulbs on eBay are used.

4. the garage opener does not work with me neither. Also, I followed what the manual says with this one also and nothing works.

Verify that your garage door openers are compatible with Homelink. Programming the opener buttons in a Lexus often requires pressing a button on the garage door opener motor housing. Check the manual for your garage door opener.