Pretty Disappointing 8.1 Navigation Update

I just updated my 2001 LS430 Navigation to version 8.1 and just can't believe how little has changed. Specifically, back in 2001 we were just building our house. We built on an orphan lot within the city limits that was finished at the end of 2002 . I expected that 7 years later and who knows how many updates later that my address would be on the map but nooooooooo!

I'm sure that there are a lot of updates that have occurred over the years but I was expecting just a little bit more. Next time I think I'll go to the showroom and play with the latest database before "assuming" anything.

I just updated my 2001 LS430 Navigation to version 8.1 and just can't believe how little has changed. Specifically, back in 2001 we were just building our house. We built on an orphan lot within the city limits that was finished at the end of 2002 . I expected that 7 years later and who knows how many updates later that my address would be on the map but nooooooooo!

I'm sure that there are a lot of updates that have occurred over the years but I was expecting just a little bit more. Next time I think I'll go to the showroom and play with the latest database before "assuming" anything.

Call Lexus customer care and have them capture the address that is missing. They will report it to the map suppliers... NAVTEQ or TeleAtlas. Or you could report it to NAVTEQ directly. The link is:

http://mapreporter.navteq.com/dur-web-exte...amp;language=en

Call Lexus customer care and have them capture the address that is missing. They will report it to the map suppliers... NAVTEQ or TeleAtlas. Or you could report it to NAVTEQ directly. The link is:

Thanks Navguy. I just did submit our address for inclusion in the database.

Funny thing is that I thought that's why we spend the big bucks with these mapping companies to continuously monitor road, commercial and residential changes using their staff and resources. Why else would I spend hundred$ of dollar$ for a DVD? I really don't think it should be up to individuals to proactively find the mapping companies and submit information instead the mapping companies should interactively work with city, county, state and federal public records to cull this information from planning, zoning and building permit records to update their databases. Now that would be "earning" their money!

Thanks Navguy. I just did submit our address for inclusion in the database.

Funny thing is that I thought that's why we spend the big bucks with these mapping companies to continuously monitor road, commercial and residential changes using their staff and resources. Why else would I spend hundred$ of dollar$ for a DVD? I really don't think it should be up to individuals to proactively find the mapping companies and submit information instead the mapping companies should interactively work with city, county, state and federal public records to cull this information from planning, zoning and building permit records to update their databases. Now that would be "earning" their money!

Very, very true.