Check Vsc Flashes But Doesn't Submit Error Codes

I've been having a major issue with my car over the past 6 months. I'll be driving on the highway and sometimes when I go to hit the gas, the car slightly hesitates and the CHECK VSC light along with the traction control and check engine light come on. The Check engine light flashes the entire time and I notice the car is sluggish and rough. When I turn the vehicle off and back on again, the lights are all gone and the crazy thing is none of this triggers any error codes in the computer.

I've only once before was able to get the check engine light to stay on and that one time it did trigger an error code saying something about the 3rd cylinder. So they changed the spark plug and moved the coil over to another cylinder. Since then, the problem still persists but I haven't been able to get the check engine light to stay on which is a problem because it won't trigger any error codes and makes it nearly impossible to determine the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions whatsoever?

Thanks

PJStyles

I've been having a major issue with my car over the past 6 months. I'll be driving on the highway and sometimes when I go to hit the gas, the car slightly hesitates and the CHECK VSC light along with the traction control and check engine light come on. The Check engine light flashes the entire time and I notice the car is sluggish and rough. When I turn the vehicle off and back on again, the lights are all gone and the crazy thing is none of this triggers any error codes in the computer.

I've only once before was able to get the check engine light to stay on and that one time it did trigger an error code saying something about the 3rd cylinder. So they changed the spark plug and moved the coil over to another cylinder. Since then, the problem still persists but I haven't been able to get the check engine light to stay on which is a problem because it won't trigger any error codes and makes it nearly impossible to determine the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions whatsoever?

Thanks

PJStyles

I have a 2007 IS250 (~20,000 miles). About two months ago my Check VSC light come on and stayed on. When I took it to the dealer (Tustin Lexus, Tustin, CA) they said the code indicated a known problem that required a transmission replacement, but they had never seen the code in an IS250. They checked with HQ in Japan and they wound up sending new programming for the transmission computer. They installed the new programming about 4-5 weeks ago and the problem has not occurred since then. You might have your dealer contact Tustin Lexus and see if it might be related.