Auto Door Locking Function?

Stevie C-D

Hi

can anyone help me with my first posting. I am trying to turn on the Auto door locking function. The manual says

Auto door locking function*: Both side doors will lock

automatically when the selector lever is moved out of “P”

position. This auto door locking function is operable while the

ignition switch is turned to the “ON” position.

NOTE: * This auto door locking function can be disabled or

changed. Ask your Lexus dealer for details.

So if any one can save me a trip to the dealer it will be much appreciated.

Thanks Stevie C-D

Changing LPS (Lexus Personalized Settings) requires a rather expensive handheld tester and the appropriate program card. Some non-dealer repair shops have the equipment if you want to avoid the dealer but the dealer is more likely to have a program card that allows all the customizable settings to be modified: http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/SC430_LPS.pdf

Review the list at the link above -- you might want other settings changed. A setting I found useful to have changed is to keep the interior lights on the maximum amount of time. Some people might like the headlight auto off time increased if they frequently park in dark areas.

Thanks for the quick reply, went to my local dealer this morning and asked about this service. The service department said it was not available on the SC430 but for £1000 I could have a aftermarket system fitted :huh:

I have emailed Lexus direct........

Thanks for the quick reply, went to my local dealer this morning and asked about this service. The service department said it was not available on the SC430 but for £1000 I could have a aftermarket system fitted :huh:

I have emailed Lexus direct........

Sorry, I didn't notice that you are in the UK. LPS features vary among world markets. For example, some people in the US want to roll up their windows with the remote buttons on the key -- that LPS feature is not available in the US but it is in some other countries.