P1160

natsibley

I have a 2001 Lexus RX300.

My CEL and VSC light have been going off and on for awhile now. I went to Advanced Auto Parts and had the codes read and I got a P1160 - manufacturer control fuel air metering. I took it to a mech and was told that the bank 1 sensor 1 02 sensor was not reporting. I feel like if that sensor was out I would get some of the common codes (P1135, etc.). Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem might be and the best way to fix it?

I have a 2001 Lexus RX300.

My CEL and VSC light have been going off and on for awhile now. I went to Advanced Auto Parts and had the codes read and I got a P1160 - manufacturer control fuel air metering. I took it to a mech and was told that the bank 1 sensor 1 02 sensor was not reporting. I feel like if that sensor was out I would get some of the common codes (P1135, etc.). Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem might be and the best way to fix it?

I can't even find a P1160. Have you been able to find it anywhere? (other than AAP) Some of the stuff that AZ and AAP come up with is puzzling to say the least.

No, I haven't been able to find any information besides the number and the brief description given by the code puller.

Natsibley- Do you have anyone in your area who ALSO does the free code read? A reader that comes up with codes that actually exist. That's not the 1st time they have come up with codes that are unusable- also code deciphering nomenclature that doesn't make sense. I have an Auto-Xray 6000 that I like because it gives you an onscreen explanation with the code.