2001 Gs Sub Woofer Replacement

Can someone tell me where to find a how to manual to remove my sub woofer. 2001 GS300 mark levinson sub. Thanks

Yeah someone on this forum has a step by step with pics.... Keep looking you have to remove the back part of the back seat and the two side panels on the back above but behind the back seat and then you slide the whole back deck lid, do not try to remove that screen it on their permanant...

Can someone tell me where to find a how to manual to remove my sub woofer. 2001 GS300 mark levinson sub. Thanks

good luck, is this sub sound blown is it still producing sound but it crackles, if so if you haven't got a replacement yet, you might want to hold off, access it and take a look at it, if the foam part of the cone is ripped or torn it can be fixed.

There is a post somewhere on this site, look at that I found it (link to subwoofer repair thread)

I had what I thought was a blown sub in my LS430 with the Mark Levinson Audio and I repaired it just fine, I really abuse the system and it seems to be holding on pretty well, beats paying $300 for a used sub on eBay.

Good Luck.

• 2 years later...

A couple cats put together some very nice, step by step, with pictures on how to remove back seat in order to get to subwoofer. I thought my sub was blown forsure, until I hopped on here and did some research. Turns out you can fix the sub simply by using a glue gun around the perimeter of the speaker/cone. I just fixed my sub on my 2001 Lexus GS 300, and now it works just fine. Big ups to the cats who put these intructions together, y'all are lifesavers!!!! Just want to spread the good will.

This one shows how to remove back seat:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46410

This one shows how to remove back panel to get to subwoofer (you have to remove back seat first):

http://bananags.grantham-international.com/GS_DIY/rear_deck/

Once you get to the sub, use a glue gun, and hit all around the perimeter of the speaker/cone. This will fix the problem, as the cone around the speaker rips really easy, and the glue will create an air tight seal. Good luck! Took me about 1 1/2 hours to take back seat out and fix sub, and only 20-30min to put everything back together.

• 7 months later...

I do repairs on all lexus speakers, including all subs and mark levinson and nakamichi speakers. Gluing the surround is temp fix as the material itself is dryrotting and will come apart again. Considering the work to actually get to the speaker, i would consider a speaker repair.

Contact me for info.