2000 Rx 300 Remotes Suddenly Stopped Working

chrislindy

65k miles. went to unlock car with remote, did not work. got the spare, same problem. purchased new batteries for both remotes, no luck. checked all fuses related.... all good. car starts runs fine either key. car battery replaced in march 2008. door opens with key. anyone else have this problem?? is there a cheap fix I can do myself??

• 1 year later...

65k miles. went to unlock car with remote, did not work. got the spare, same problem. purchased new batteries for both remotes, no luck. checked all fuses related.... all good. car starts runs fine either key. car battery replaced in march 2008. door opens with key. anyone else have this problem?? is there a cheap fix I can do myself??

I have this same problem recently with my 99 RX300. Did you ever figure this out? I've been searching everywhere for an answer and can't find it. I also don't really know where the remote signal receiver is inside the vehicle, it's very difficult to tell from the BE repair manual file.

I am assuming the little (tiny) red LED light lights on both remotes when you press them, right??? Did this happen "all of a sudden"? I am also assuming the locks work fine from inside with the lock button on the drivers door, yes or no? I'm pretty sure from what I remember the remote, receiver is in the center of the car under the center console. I wouldn't go tearing into that though, that's PROBABLY not where the problem is and you likely wouldn't be able to SEE anything bad anyway. If we can have the answers to the questions asked, it would help us anyway.