http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp23/darla_86/CARPIC2.jpg

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp23/da...UNDERTHECAR.jpg

Here is some pics of what is going on with my car. i think it might be the cat converter not sure. but today i started my car it shakes really bad it just started doing this today i hope its not expensive to fix. but as i had to drive my car about maybe 10 miles to get home it was smoking really bad. in the pics the smoke was coming from that part that started to turn red thanks for your time! :cries: <_< :o

• 2 weeks later...

HOT DAM! My dad had a problem like this but not a lexus it was a van. We were on St.Louis farrrrr from home and the van started running like *BLEEP*. He ended up cutting the cat off but that wasnt the problem. It ended up being a short and the injector was stuck open. Have you fixed the problem yet?

i think it might be the cat converter not sure. but today i started my car it shakes really bad it just started doing this today i hope its not expensive to fix. but as i had to drive my car about maybe 10 miles to get home it was smoking really bad. in the pics the smoke was coming from that part that started to turn red thanks for your time! :cries: <_< :o

smoke coming from that thing that is glowing hotter than the sun, nah no way. typically the only thing that can get that red is a cat or a manifold but you have to be flogging it pretty good.

I've seen cars lean out before and cause the cats to glow, so I would be looking into the fuel delivery system especially since you said it was running rough, could be many things though, see if you can pull the codes it might lead you to the cause, bad maf could be reading less air than actual and cause it to lean out.

Good luck and please follow up with this thread with a resolution as it may help others in the future.