Slim Jim

Has anyone succeeded opening an SC300/400 door with a slim jim or other tool? My outer handle failed. Then the mechanic couldn't open the driver's door from the inside so he yanked on it and broke the handle. The broken handle is an irritant but the mechanism is actually stuck and attaching the missing portion with super glue has not accomplished much (looks better but still does not open the door).

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Wade

P.S. I am absolutely not interested in busting up the inner door panel.

Has anyone succeeded opening an SC300/400 door with a slim jim or other tool? My outer handle failed. Then the mechanic couldn't open the driver's door from the inside so he yanked on it and broke the handle. The broken handle is an irritant but the mechanism is actually stuck and attaching the missing portion with super glue has not accomplished much (looks better but still does not open the door).

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Wade

P.S. I am absolutely not interested in busting up the inner door panel.

i have outer door handle assemblies if you need them let me know

• 3 months later...

Back for another issue and saw I never received a response to this one. I called AAA and had them come on a lock-out call. They were able to open the door.

Then I removed the interior panel per directions in this Forum and replaced the broken $2 plastic bit that holds the door rod in the door handle assembly. Buy the Lexus part from the dealer. The one out of the plastic bits kit from Napa lasted a week.

Calling AAA or a locksmith certainly beats tearing up the interior door panel.