Two Piece Steering Rack Boot?

woodt3

I just noticed my steering rack boot is ripped on the drivers side on my 93 LS, is there a two piece made? If not is there a DIY for replacing it?

I noticed a pin-hole in one of my steering boots on my '91 once. The pin-hole was on the bottom side, allowing a small amount of PS fluid to drip out, which is why I noticed it. Realizing it would require a split boot (if they exist), I decided to just rotate the boot so the pinhole was on top. I had to loosen the clamps to do this. I cleaned the boot and put some tape on there, but am not counting on it to hold. This stopped the leak, and I don't think it's worth replacing the boot on my car. May be the same for you, depending on how bad the rip is.

I just noticed my steering rack boot is ripped on the drivers side on my 93 LS, is there a two piece made? If not is there a DIY for replacing it?

I noticed a pin-hole in one of my steering boots on my '91 once. The pin-hole was on the bottom side, allowing a small amount of PS fluid to drip out, which is why I noticed it. Realizing it would require a split boot (if they exist), I decided to just rotate the boot so the pinhole was on top. I had to loosen the clamps to do this. I cleaned the boot and put some tape on there, but am not counting on it to hold. This stopped the leak, and I don't think it's worth replacing the boot on my car. May be the same for you, depending on how bad the rip is.

I don't know too much about steering systems, but basically its ripped in such a way that its no longer stretched correct across the rack.

You should just need to remove the ends to install a one piece. Shouldn't be terrible.