Battery Replacement

SeanTX

The battery in my '02 SC430 needs a jump if I leave the car for more than a couple of days. Actually, the other night it needed a jump after sitting in the rain for a few hours. I'm assuming that it's just met the end of its career, unless you all have a different opinion.

That being said, I need a new battery. I tried searching around forums first to see any recommendations, but this doesn't seem to come up much. Any suggestions? I'm not against buying online or at a store and installing it myself if it's easy enough, but I also don't have much experience under the hood. I'm looking for recommendations on type / brand / stores / just about anything.

I know climate matters, so at the moment I'm living in NYC (yeah, not a great city for my car, which also needs new rims b/c of the potholes, but that's for another post!).

Thanks!

Sean

The battery in my '02 SC430 needs a jump if I leave the car for more than a couple of days. Actually, the other night it needed a jump after sitting in the rain for a few hours. I'm assuming that it's just met the end of its career, unless you all have a different opinion.

That being said, I need a new battery. I tried searching around forums first to see any recommendations, but this doesn't seem to come up much. Any suggestions? I'm not against buying online or at a store and installing it myself if it's easy enough, but I also don't have much experience under the hood. I'm looking for recommendations on type / brand / stores / just about anything.

I know climate matters, so at the moment I'm living in NYC (yeah, not a great city for my car, which also needs new rims b/c of the potholes, but that's for another post!).

Thanks!

Sean

I recently had my '2 battery replaced with a Bosch, 96 month battery for $117.00 installed at Pep Boys. Also can't go wrong with good old Sears DieHard. Hope this helps

• 3 months later...
Get a Interstate battery, cant go wrong with them, rated #1.

Just had to replace the original Lexus batter in my 05, sc430. Lexus wanted $175 for a new battery plus $60 to install. Instead I went to Sam's/Walmart and purchased and Energizer, Group 48 battery with the same power specs. for $86 and installed it myself in 10 minutes. The Group 48 is listed as the battery for the 430 and it was a perfect fit. :)