1995 Ls400 Transmission

94 lexus

Hello All:

I'll get right to business. My 95 LS400 goes into all of the gears fine, except for drive. This includes going into reverse. I had a mechanic look into it and he took apart my central console, where the gear box is located, etc. He examined the ECU by putting the car into reverse ® and the ECU looked fine. However, when he place the car into drive (D) the car would not move but the ECU got really hot. Do you guys and gals think that there is a problem with the transmission or do you think that the problem could possilbly be the ECU itself? Because I know that the ECU has a lot to do with the transmission. My hope is that the transmission itself is not depleted but the ECU because it would be cheaper to replace or repair. Any suggestions or helpful answers would be great!

Thanks for your help!

Marcus

sounds to me like you have an electrical problem. sometimes the ecus go out on these cars but i would check the wiring to the tranny and maybe the shift solenoids before id freak out. ive had a lot of problems with my lex and they were all mostly electrical.

sounds to me like you have an electrical problem. sometimes the ecus go out on these cars but i would check the wiring to the tranny and maybe the shift solenoids before id freak out. ive had a lot of problems with my lex and they were all mostly electrical.

Thanks for your suggestion