Is 300 Common Problems

jerzynuts

First off i want to know if everyone who has one is very pleased with the cars performance as a luxury/sports car and what are some common problems to look for. Reason im asking is because im planning to buy one used and want to make sure the biggest common problems with the car, if any are already fixed so im not buying a lemon. Any input would be helpful. Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...
First off i want to know if everyone who has one is very pleased with the cars performance as a luxury/sports car and what are some common problems to look for. Reason im asking is because im planning to buy one used and want to make sure the biggest common problems with the car, if any are already fixed so im not buying a lemon. Any input would be helpful. Thanks in advance

They really don't give many problems unless you start modifying them. I would suggest a stock one as a daily driver. I also recommend the auto over the manual, as the manual tranny is particularly weak and will not withstand abuse.

The 01's come with a lsd stock, but many other models came with an open differential. I recommend the lsd if you like to drive for performance.

Make sure the timing belt has been replaced around 60k and that it has been serviced with mobil 1 are the only pointers that I can offer. 6.gif