1994 Es 300 Finally Died, Need Advice On The 02-03 Models

Hey all,

My beloved 94 es300 finally died after 5 years of ownership. Transmission is shot, getting her repaired for the sole purpose of being able to drive it around while I search for my next car. Trade in value should make up for some, but not all of the repair cost.

That car was awesome, but I need to move on to something that will last me a good 5 years, basically to get me through law school+. I like the look of the 02-03 models, but I have a few questions. First off, lets say I were to get one with 75,000 miles on it, what's the outlook on one of those run? I know that a lot of people have run these models from the 90's into the 200,000 range. I know a guy who ran an Avalon all the way to 400,000. Are the 02-03 models just as reliable?

Also, what's the headroom like? I am 6'3" and had to open the moonroof cover to sit in my car, I understand they expanded it a little, was it significant?

Thanks in advance.

Mine has 125k now, had it since new. Its been very reliable...

I'm 6'0 and have no problems with headroom, I do feel that the car is significantly roomier inside than the previous car...