How Hard Is Doing A Starter On The 3.0?

ED.

My Aunt had a remote starter put in her 1993 SC300 late-winter and a few weeks ago the car starting acting up and not starting. She said she would get out, 'jiggle' the battery wire, get back in and it would start until that quit working and it left her stranded. Usually when it won't start it has to sit awhile and it will start after it's had a break which lead me to believe it was the remote starter.

She took it to our family mechanic and said while she was waiting the guy started it like 40 times in a row (hyperbole?) and every time it fired right up which lead him to think it was the starter and said they could put one in and if it still acted up, take it out and know for certain it was a botched install on the remote starter. Of course when she left there and went by a relatives guess what didn't start?

Any way to test the starter myself to see if it is that? I saw them online from Autohaus Arizona for $120 or so and he quoted her an hours labor which I thought was fair so it'd be around $200 for a new starter and install. Worth it to do? The 1996 in my sig has had a lot of problems with the starter in it. I didn't think the 6 was plagged by that?

Thanks