Tire Pressure Monitoring System

I own a 2009 Rx 350. Last Tuesday, at midnight, 1 hour from home, my TPMS light came on. Flashing first then steady. I didn't get out the manual till morning and saw that if that happens, it's a system malfunction. My Toyota dealership, where all my maintenance is done except for warranty work, as the closest Lexus dealership is 1 hour away, was able to shut the light off after checking all the pressures etc. The light remained off till 185 miles later on my way to Boston to watch the Celtics win game 7. This time I was not nervous about it. Anyone have the same thing happen? All my tire pressures are ok.

Did you check the spare tire? It also has a TPMS in it. When you are sure all the tires are at the correct pressure (cold), you can reset the system yourself. The instructions are in your owners manual.

Yep, it's probably your spare and you've got reset instructions in your owner's manual. Our light goes off in snowy conditions because the spare isn't warmed up from driving...I hate these idiot lights. But I'm the type of person who checks his tire pressure on a regular basis. ;)

same problem. inflate the spare and reset

I had noticed some of these issues being posted when I received my - then new - RX350 about three months ago. On delivery, the dealer had not set the tire pressure correctly, and, the evening being cooler, the tire pressure monitor indicated a problem the second evening I had the car. Checking the tires, I noted all were at 26psi except one at 25psi, and the spare was also at 25psi. I put more air into the 25 psi tires, and the tire pressure monitor went out. I then inflated all my tires to 30-332 psi (which I prefer), and haven't had a signal since. >>>> All this to suggest that setting/resetting the tire pressure monitor when the tires are at the usual pressure may cause unwanted signals: if you do check pressure regularly, why not set the TPMS with tires at, say 25 psi. In that manner, no 'false' signals, and if tires do really drop in pressure (e.g. while rolling), you will know it?