1996 Lexus Es 300 Over Heating Problem

Okay guys, I am fairly new so if I post in the wrong topic please don't scream at me lol. I was searching for a radiator fan through google and happen to pass by a thread concerning my issue. (by the way i register a while back and forgot about this site) I just recently had a engine swap and noticed in the other thread a lot of mechanics forget to attach this one wire harness that can cause my over heating problem. Can anyone tell me where should I locate this wire at? I notice at the far top left corner towards the passenger side there is a wire with a white plastic at the end not connected. 2 mechanics told me not to worry about the wire, another told me if looks like the power steering cable. Is that the one I should be concern about, and/or are the mechanics trying to make a easy penny of me? Is that the cable i need to connect. Before I did a engine swap my car never over heated, Now it only over heats when I am not driving while the cars on, or short distance trips. Someone please help me. Thanks

How many wires going to the connector, and what are the colors of the wires? Also, you say top left corner, towards the passenger side. Which is it? Generally to avoid confussion it is best to give directions from the drivers seat prosective. IE is this wire on the passenger side, close to the firewall?