Vsc Indicator Came On

tom2

My wife's 2003 RX 300's VSC light came on recently. Will go off when vehicle is turned off and will stay off when vehicle is turned on. Doesn't light up until put foot on gas. What gives? I know there's so many dang sensors in vehicles anymore and am wondering if I can just ignore this forever, or should I only ignore it until Winter snow? The manual says the lack of VSC doesn't affect braking ability. Agree? Disagree? Comments/advice greatly appreciated.

Tom

My wife's 2003 RX 300's VSC light came on recently. Will go off when vehicle is turned off and will stay off when vehicle is turned on. Doesn't light up until put foot on gas. What gives? I know there's so many dang sensors in vehicles anymore and am wondering if I can just ignore this forever, or should I only ignore it until Winter snow? The manual says the lack of VSC doesn't affect braking ability. Agree? Disagree? Comments/advice greatly appreciated.

Tom

I had that light come on and I found that there is a hose just behind the battery that was disconnected. I reconnected it and reset the light by disconnecting the battery and it never came on again.

Tom

I had that light come on and I found that there is a hose just behind the battery that was disconnected. I reconnected it and reset the light by disconnecting the battery and it never came on again.

Thanks! Will give that a try. Hopefully it will work.