Rx300

xtrapnel

I'm a brand new owner of my first (but not new) Lexus, a 2001 RX 300. The rubber portions of the front wiper blades are almost gone. I went to the autoparts store and bought Duralast wiper blades in the correct sizes (per the chart in the store). However, I can't figure out how to remove the existing blades. There is a small piece where the arm connects to the blade that moves if pushed, but that doesn't seem to release anything. Owner's manual is silent on this.

Any help for this newbie? Thanks.

The end of the arm on the wiper assembly has a curve on it. You need to depress the tab on the back/underside of the existing wiper blade, then slide it down toward the base of the arm assembly until you expose the 'hook' curve at the end of the wiper arm. Then maneuver the blade assembly to where you can remove it. Reverse the procedure to put the new wiper blade back on.

Here's a how-to video on it... it's the first procedure for the RX300 application: http://www.expertvillage.com/video/9223_wi...ades-remove.htm