Replacement Battery

lasik124

he i was wondering seeing how most batterys are proboly dieing by now but has anyone replaced the battery in the key for the eletric door locks so i don't have to either unlock it old school or spend $$$ taking it to lexus ( seeing how its pretty silly to spend that much on replacing a battery)

A Lexus dealership will replace your battery for free. I have a '90 LS, same key, I've heard they are fairly fragile if not taken apart gingerly as well. The parts tech disassembled my key, replaced the battery, put it back together and sent me on my way, no charge.

Oh boy... It was so hard for me to try and read that sentence word for word all the way through lol.

One Tip: Spelling and grammar are key to getting the answers you are looking for in an online forum. I can tell you right now A LOT of people will read three words into that and hit the "BACK" button on their browser :D lol

It's not very hard to change a battery by yourself either.. It's just like in the remote control for the TV... IIRC There is a small screw at the base of the plastic head? Remove it, and pry the plastic apart with a tiny flat head screw driver.

C'mon man you can do it!! :D

lol its a lexus haha im used to it looking easy and it being oh wait theres this you had to do too or now it dosen't work. i didn't now if they had some special battery or i could just go out and get a regular almost watch battery for it without !Removed! it up.

I work at an all purpose battery shop and we have the proper battery for it. My question is this, even with the battery replaced, the buttons on my 93 ls400 still doesn't work. Any ideas?

*siiiiigh*

So the fob is broken... and you're asking about the battery...

I think you need to look into a new fob if yours is broken sir. A new battery will not fix your broken button.

Check Sewell for a fob. There should be reprogramming instructions somewhere in the forum.

lol no my battery is dead for sure its almost 18 years old. i didn't know by taking out the battery will clear any saved programs on the circut board in the key. but at this point i shouldn't even worry because its dead anyway so really dosen't matter if i take it out or leave it in. but it is going to be reprogramed once i put in a new battery correct?

lol no my battery is dead for sure its almost 18 years old. i didn't know by taking out the battery will clear any saved programs on the circut board in the key. but at this point i shouldn't even worry because its dead anyway so really dosen't matter if i take it out or leave it in. but it is going to be reprogramed once i put in a new battery correct?

I have replaced the batteries in the key fobs for both our 93 LS and our 94 ES several times. This has never caused any loss of programming.

Wal-Mart has the proper batteries in their watch and jewelry department.

If the key has not been opened in quite awhile you should expect it to be very tight. So tight that you may suspect you are going to break it before it opens. I worked it for awhile with a tiny flathead screwdriver from my eyeglass repair sized set. It finally popped open and after checking to make sure nothing broke, I opened it up. While I had it open, I cleaned it all out after I took out the battery. Before I removed anything, I took a picture of the setup on my cell phone, then I took a closeup of the battery. I went over to Radio Shack and they hooked me up with a 2 pack. I put it all back together and it works perfectly. For some reason, my other key has different internal parts which have apparently failed.