Ok This Is Wild One, I Was On Here Few Months Ago Seeking Help

sherlockshah

MY 92 had a power steering leak and you will not believe this, I degreased the leak area and washed it out and it stop leaking for about 1 month, ok new problem, my car is in drive but the reverse light is on and the car again is stuck in one gear, last time I added fluid and it worked out and the car drove fine for about 2 months, now its acting up again. anyone ever have this problem

This problem is most certainly being caused by broken wires contained in the harness attached to the driver's side trunk hinge.

where is this harness located again, I looked inside the truck would I look inside the hood of the truck where the reverse light is located or do i look where the spare tire is located? would this cause the transmission to stay in one gear?

where is this harness located again,

It's inside the left hinge. Pull the black plastic trim down and away from the hinge starting closest to the back seat. Then read the tutorial linked above.

It's inside the left hinge. Pull the black plastic trim down and away from the hinge starting closest to the back seat. Then read the tutorial linked above.

Ok i found the wire harness that is inside the left hinge of the trunk, None of the wires seemed to be disconnected and I followed that to the back of the seat where there is some type of electronic computer that says Pioneer on it, which seems to be the amp for the sound system, the wires all seem to be intacted and never seem to have been tampered with, there is one type of connection in the middle like a little tiny black box where the wires go in and then back out am I suppose to open that up and see if the connections are okay? Not sure what to do, is there any picuture diagram of this fix? would that cause my transmission to stay in one gear? I bet it does, even though the linkage for the tranny is forward the computer thinks its reverse so it wont shift into the next gear going forward? anyone know where the computer is for this car?

I opened the entire wiring harness, there are no cuts or cracks or any sort, the wires go into the body of the back seat, which also seems to be entact and untampered. Is there any other way to see whats going on, once again the P R and D is lit up, also when i had the car up on jack stands the back wheels were spinning forward but the car was in neutral is that normal?