Revving To High

Hello, this is my first post here so excuse me if I am repeating something that has already been talked about. I have a 93 sc400 that has a few problems. Not major, but kind of annoying when trying to enjoy my smooth ride. I had a B&M mass air installed as well as a B&M performance chip. Ever since I got those two items installed i've been getting a big jerk when riding on the freeway and sometimes during city driving. As if the trans i locking up. It only happens every once in a while not everytime. I am hoping it isn't the transmission. Could it be something to do with the 2 aftermarket parts i installed?

Problem 2:

On take off I give my car a little extra gas the RPM's are going real high and my car is just sitting there. It drives real smooth when im driving it normal, but when i have to give it some extra power it just revs up. Torque Converter? I am hoping it is something other than that but a professionals oppinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You for your time!!

Hello, this is my first post here so excuse me if I am repeating something that has already been talked about. I have a 93 sc400 that has a few problems. Not major, but kind of annoying when trying to enjoy my smooth ride. I had a B&M mass air installed as well as a B&M performance chip. Ever since I got those two items installed i've been getting a big jerk when riding on the freeway and sometimes during city driving. As if the trans i locking up. It only happens every once in a while not everytime. I am hoping it isn't the transmission. Could it be something to do with the 2 aftermarket parts i installed?

Problem 2:

On take off I give my car a little extra gas the RPM's are going real high and my car is just sitting there. It drives real smooth when im driving it normal, but when i have to give it some extra power it just revs up. Torque Converter? I am hoping it is something other than that but a professionals oppinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You for your time!!

It's the transmission. You might have cooked the fluid, I would get a bigger transmission cooler for your increased HP- hot fluid is death for automatics. There are some things you can do before taking it to the transmission shop.

I have a 94 SC400 (SC$00?) and had this "rev up and then engage" problem in parking lots. I found the transmission filter was factory original, the o-rings were rock-hard and cracked, so they leaked- this is like poking a hole in a straw and trying to drink through it. Anyway the filter sits down in the pan, there are o-rings that seal the connection to the valve body which were leaking on my car.

The fluid is T-IV (if you go on Toyota Alldata (search the forums), there is a Lexus TSB authorizes the replacement of T-II fluid with T-IV).

It is fairly simple to get in there and replace the filter. And the pan has a drain plug! :) I encourage you to reserve a weekend, I've done a lot of DIY and (taking my time) it took all day Saturday.

Have fun! :)