Is 250 Rwd - 2008 Trasmission Fluid

Does anyone know how to do transmission oil check or replace oil in manual transmission on IS250 RWD MT? I would like to do it on my own, however I could not find the instructions.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know how to do transmission oil check or replace oil in manual transmission on IS250 RWD MT? I would like to do it on my own, however I could not find the instructions.

I had my 250 in for that exact reason yesterday. I had synthetic put into the transmissions of my last 2 BMW's my last three Lexus. My mechanic (not the Dealer) told me the tranny has NO dipstick. The fluid level is checked by a plug on the tansmission case. It's a "sealed system" and not meant to be user servicable.

That said, it also takes a very special hydraulic tool to pump all the oil out of the torque convertor. If you do manually drain the tranny at the plug you will only get about half the oil.

I gave up. Looks like Lexus has made this a "Dealer only" service item.

I had my 250 in for that exact reason yesterday. I had synthetic put into the transmissions of my last 2 BMW's my last three Lexus. My mechanic (not the Dealer) told me the tranny has NO dipstick. The fluid level is checked by a plug on the tansmission case. It's a "sealed system" and not meant to be user servicable.

That said, it also takes a very special hydraulic tool to pump all the oil out of the torque convertor. If you do manually drain the tranny at the plug you will only get about half the oil.

I gave up. Looks like Lexus has made this a "Dealer only" service item.

Manual Transmission.......

It should be pretty straight foward with a drain and fill with the fill being the fluid level. It shouldn't be that difficult.

From my understanding the transmission is self contained and the fluid does not need to be changed. But I would check with your dealer to make sure.

Thanks to all who replied to my question. It seems that IS250 with automatic transmission has no easy way of replacing transmission fluid or replacement of it is not required, however I have IS250 RWD with manual transmission and the owners manual is calling for replacement of the transmission fluid every 64000 km. The common problem of IS250 MT is noise which likely comes from the transmission. My Lexus dealer keeps saying that it is normal which I can not accept. I asked them to do something or as a minimum check or replace the transmission fluid, and I got an answer that it is not necessary since I do have only 16000 km and the oil is not yet to be replaced. I red all writings provided in this forum which are related to IS250 RWD manual transmission noise problem and I found all those very informative, however no one from the forum has reported a successful resolution of this in my opinion serious IS250 RWD manual transmission issue. After all, as a desperate move to do something, I decided to check the fluid, drain it out and then see if there are some particles in the transmission fluid, which may be a result of grinding or rattling I constantly hear driving in low gear or shifting from first to second and second to third gear. Once I find a way to do it properly I will let you guys know my finding (if any).

Any suggestion, common or advice from the respectful members of this forum would be greatly appreciated.