92 Ls400 No Cold Air

1992 LS 400 A/C pretty cold last year. but this year just hot or outside air. no cold air at all even temp set at 65F。check finds code changes from 20, 21, 22...up to 29 and different air blows when these didgits dispaly. still use R12 refregent. don;t know where the air compressor, temp sensor located. would any of you post photos of those possile-failed parts so that i can check it up? thx.

You could be out of freeon or the compressor may be locked up. If it is locked up the AC light will be flashing. Most commonm is simply out of freeon easy to fix unless the compressor is leaking. Then you will still need a new one.

You could be out of freeon or the compressor may be locked up. If it is locked up the AC light will be flashing. Most commonm is simply out of freeon easy to fix unless the compressor is leaking. Then you will still need a new one.

thx, lucky13, that's also what i thought. but how come good last year and bad this year since i never used cold air? btw, i think i still need R12 instead of R134. R12 is illegal in california now as i learned. anybody got suggestions? thx

R12 is illegal in california now as i learned. anybody got suggestions?
Are you saying shops can't repair R12 systems in CA and you're forced to convert to R134? Maybe the average Joe can't buy it but shops should be able to work on your system.

You're going to have to find the source of the leak, do a search, should be many threads talking about it here.

If you have to go the R134 conversion route, check out this thread: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/maintenanc...version-qs.html

thx, lucky13, that's also what i thought. but how come good last year and bad this year since i never used cold air? btw, i think i still need R12 instead of R134. R12 is illegal in california now as i learned. anybody got suggestions? thx

I dont know but mine did the exact same thing. Had not used it but when it got hot and I tried to use it it simply would not blow hot. I got a new compressor on ebay for $270. A friend mechanic charged me $100 to put it in. You probably will not get as lucky on the price unless you do it yourself but there are quite a few compressors for sale on ebay by various auto stores for hundreds less that OEM from a lexus dealership.

I dont know but mine did the exact same thing. Had not used it but when it got hot and I tried to use it it simply would not blow hot. I got a new compressor on ebay for $270. A friend mechanic charged me $100 to put it in. You probably will not get as lucky on the price unless you do it yourself but there are quite a few compressors for sale on ebay by various auto stores for hundreds less that OEM from a lexus dealership.

I noticed yesterday that when i pressed Circulation, air blows kinda HOT, but when pressed the outside air, it feels a little bit cool. geeeez...i changed an airfilter. i believed it's something electronic messup.

If it is electrical then it is something that is kepping the compressor from working. You may simply be out of freeon. If the compressor is not working then circulation will always be more hot that it will channeling ouside air. Especially if your moving down the road.