Can Anyone Recommend A Good Quality Parking Sensor Brand Or A Product?

hayzen

Hi all,

My parking garage is really cramped and I try to park as close to the side wall as I can so the neighbor car on the other side doesn't hit my car when he opens his door or when he drives out. Any recommended parking sensors?

Also, can the parking sensor let me know how close I am to the sidewall or does it only tell me what's in behind or in front of my car?

Cheers!

Chris

I purchased some parking sensors for my rx300 from ebay, spent under $50.

3 years later and they still work perfectly. They use beeps to let you know how close you are. The beeps get closer the closer you get to a wall. Then the beeping turns into a solid beep when you're within a foot or so from an object. It's very easy to read the beeps. It's been very useful in paralell parking, or in situations where you cant tell how close you are to a car etc when you want to get as close as you can.

Here's the type i have. I got the ones that you drill holes into the bumper and place them in. I painted them the color of my bumper to match. They look VERY oem and work great. Also very easy to use. I wired them so they'd only "work" when i had it in Reverse.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lexus-RX300-V8-Parking...p3286.m63.l1177

Here are some pics on my rx300, took these last summer.

47082915.jpg

31830697.jpg

37085624.jpg