Rx 450h

Hello RX1 is writing The Prospect is saying that the new 450h has a Fuel average 28 miles per gallon

In geneve (Auto Salon) they speak about 37 miles per gallon Which value is the true one?

Hello RX1 is writing The Prospect is saying that the new 450h has a Fuel average 28 miles per gallon

In geneve (Auto Salon) they speak about 37 miles per gallon Which value is the true one?

As you know, YMMV, especially on the RxH's.

Personally, I'm getting 22.2MPG (2000 mile avg. / 20 mi city+hwy communte/day each way) on my 400h - I can get close to 24 if I lightfoot it.

Not great, but a lot better than the 14MPG I was getting w/my V8 Explorer which it replaced.

No way is anyone going to get 37mpg in sustained "real world" driving. (E.g., cold temps, short trips, normal to sporty acceleration, etc...)

As they say, "your mileage may vary" . . . put another way, "drive like a !Removed!, you'll get mpg like a !Removed!".

:P

The 37mpg is pure fantasy, in US terms. Thye probably use slow speeds (different testing criteria), and they also probably use the Imperial gallon as a denominator, which is some 20% more than the US gallon.