My Cupholder Quandry In A '97 Es 300

john73

Just bouhgt my first Lexus, a 1997 ES 300 in great shape. A little under 150K, one-owner. I love it except for the console cupholder. Too flimsy and shallow. I can't take my mug of coffee with me on my drive to work any more because I'm in danger of dumping it over! Do most of you still use yours? Has anyone found a better way to carry drinks in the car?

I bought a cheap (around $1) cupholder with the angled hook that goes into a window slot. found that if I put it in the top chamber of the center console hanging over onto the passenger seat (push the seatbelt receptor up) it fits perfectly and is much more secure than the built-ins! Only problem is I'm not sure what I'll do if I have a passenger AND a drink! :unsure:

• 3 years later...

Just bought a used 98 ES300 and learned very quickly that the front cupholder is a joke. Wish there was a better solution. The rear seat cupholder is much better but my arm won't bend that way.