Oxygen Sensor

Payton34

Need Help Lexus experts...

Check engine light came on so went to Auto Zone to have it checked out and there machine said oxygen sensor. Price 192.99 and it's located in rear manifold/exhaust pipe.

My question is can I do this myself and is it necessary? Also I'm using 87 octane in my car and I think I'm supposed to be running 93 octane will this make a difference in the life of my oxygen sensor? Also should I be putting a fuel additive in my car since I do run 87 octane and if yes what kind?

Oh and by the way my car is the 2003 IS300 sport

Thank you

Payton34

87octane vs 93 probably won't effect the life of your oxygen sensor but it will effect your performance... your car's ECU automatically retards timing when you use lower octane gas. 91 is the minimum recommended I believe. What was the exact code that they gave you. Changing an o2 sensor is really easy, but sometimes its hard to reach. There are a couple of DIY guides for this type of job, posting the CEL code would help me tell you which one you need. You can also get a denso 02 sensor from rockauto.com for less than autozone.

87octane vs 93 probably won't effect the life of your oxygen sensor but it will effect your performance... your car's ECU automatically retards timing when you use lower octane gas. 91 is the minimum recommended I believe. What was the exact code that they gave you. Changing an o2 sensor is really easy, but sometimes its hard to reach. There are a couple of DIY guides for this type of job, posting the CEL code would help me tell you which one you need. You can also get a denso 02 sensor from rockauto.com for less than autozone.

Well the only thing it says on this paper is the part is oxygen sensor and then what brand they recommend BOSCH 15061

4 wire; heated; sensor located in rear manifold/exhaust pipe