How Long Will Es 330 1992 With 220 000 Miles Run?

lavinci7

I agree. Really its up to maintenance. But at 220k any major problems should be pretty evident. If it hasn't happened yet (head gasket, tranny failure, motor sludge, etc...), then someone must have been maintaining it. So you've probably had some decent maintenance to get to 220k on a '92.

If you continue to maintain it well, I would not be surprised at 250k, 280k, 300k and more. Also, should need ever arise, replacement engines and trannys are not that hard to come by since the drivetrain is shared with the camry.

Do remember though that the '92s and '93s (I have a '93 myself) are known to have more cooling problems than later years due to the 3VZFE motor. So set yourself up for good odds by making sure your radiator doesn't leak, changing the water pump, thermostat, and putting in new coolant. Also a good idea to change the TB (especially while you're in there for the water pump. We have a non-interference engine, so it won't bend valves or destroy your engine if it snaps, but its no extra labor when changing the water pump, just money for the part).

My '93 has 115k, and I'm hoping to take it beyond 300k!

Good luck!!

^^ All good points by everyone. My 1993 ES was owned by two ppl before me. The first was the wife of a doctor and I have all her service records from Lexus. The second was a professionally licenced mechanic who I know personally, so although he had no additional maintenance records since he did all the work himself, such as oil changes etc., I know that the car was well maintained during the time he owned it. And as Motoroil suggested, the proof is in the pudding. The car has 435,000 kilometers on it and still runs smoothly. At my last oil change at my local Toyota dealership (much cheaper than taking it to Lexus) my service advisor - who loves my car - said he can see me getting over 600-700K on this engine. And when the time comes, I plan on getting a JDM replacement motor from Japan. They run about $500 and usually have about 70K miles on them, or less. :)

Tiger Japanese Auto Parts