Burning / Bad Smell From Rx 330 Heater

deeps30

Hi,

I have a 2004 RX 330. Recently, when I turn on the heat (not defroster), I get this burning, smelly smell for the first couple of minutes when the heater is running. After the heater runs for a few minutes, the smell disappears.

Anyone have experience with this and a solution. My local guy thinks it may be time to replace the cabin filter but not sure.

Thanks.

Deepak

Ontario, Canada

Hi,

I have a 2004 RX 330. Recently, when I turn on the heat (not defroster), I get this burning, smelly smell for the first couple of minutes when the heater is running. After the heater runs for a few minutes, the smell disappears.

Anyone have experience with this and a solution. My local guy thinks it may be time to replace the cabin filter but not sure.

Thanks.

Deepak

Ontario, Canada

I heard someone else say the same and then he realized that the problem was with the seat heaters. Unfortunately I do not know what happened next.

Regards

Deepak Gandhi

Hi,

Thanks.

Deepak

Ontario, Canada

Check your valve cover gaskets for leaks. We had the same problem in ours, oil was leaking onto the exhaust manifold at startup.

Hi,

Thanks.

Deepak

Ontario, Canada

I had the similar experience with my car as well. Mine smelled like dog/nasty smell. I took it to the dealer and told me theres moisture in the cabin air filter.

Their price quote was $100+tax!!! I was like psh yeah right so i ordered it online and changed it myself and the smell kind of went away but I read some posts and my smell might have mold inside the system :angry:

Anyways changing the cabin air filter might help a lot and check if its dirty when you take it out and smell it and see if the cabin air filter smells.

If that doesnt work give me a reply and ill get back to you. :D