Replacing Rear Brake Light

budmaca1

I need to replace the left rear brake light in the housing at my rear windshield, which is out and is giving me a warning light on the dashboard.

I cannot figure out how to open the plastic housing to access the bulb in order to replace it. I tried pulling on it, putting the blade of a flat screwdriver underneath, etc, but cannot get the housing open.

How do you get at the bulbs?

I have a 1996 ES 300.

I need to replace the left rear brake light in the housing at my rear windshield, which is out and is giving me a warning light on the dashboard.

I cannot figure out how to open the plastic housing to access the bulb in order to replace it. I tried pulling on it, putting the blade of a flat screwdriver underneath, etc, but cannot get the housing open.

How do you get at the bulbs?

I have a 1996 ES 300.

Never mind, I figured it out. It's called "pull harder".

I used a pair of paint can openers as hooks to pull it really hard, when you put it back together put a dab of grease on the tabs, the next time it will come off easier, I had the same problem, silly little car lit.... checked all the bulbs, could not find out what was causing it, totally spaced the third eye...LOL