Break Wear Dash Light - 2003 Ls

Blessed1

The "Break Wear" warning light came on the dash of my newly purchased 2003 LS 430 (second LS).... so I changed the breaks (WOW, how easy was that.... Nice simple design!) and the light stayed on. How do you get the "Break Wear" light to go off?

The "Break Wear" warning light came on the dash of my newly purchased 2003 LS 430 (second LS).... so I changed the breaks (WOW, how easy was that.... Nice simple design!) and the light stayed on. How do you get the "Break Wear" light to go off?

There is a sensor on one or both of the wheels that has to be replaced to turn the dash light out. I've read some people have reused them, you might want to do a search to find out how.

I forgot to ask to see the old one when a front brake wear sensor was replaced a couple of years ago. On my last Mercedes, I could reuse a brake wear sensor by coating the electrode (reproducing the electrode insulation) with some of my wife's fingernail polish.

An illustration of the front brake wear sensor is here: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_2003_LEXU...ETGKA_4705.html

I think the brake wear sensors are on only the right side brakes -- front and rear. I think I was charged a little less than $60 for a replacement front wear sensor on my 00 LS.

WOW! So you have to replace the seansors evey time?!! Yes, they are only on one side. Can't remember which one. I'll check into the finger nail polish idea.

Thanks for everyones input!

I'll let you know how it goes.

S

I forgot to ask to see the old one when a front brake wear sensor was replaced a couple of years ago. On my last Mercedes, I could reuse a brake wear sensor by coating the electrode (reproducing the electrode insulation) with some of my wife's fingernail polish.

An illustration of the front brake wear sensor is here: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_2003_LEXU...ETGKA_4705.html

I think the brake wear sensors are on only the right side brakes -- front and rear. I think I was charged a little less than $60 for a replacement front wear sensor on my 00 LS.