Hi New Member With A Slight Issue....

epikeddie

Hi guys,

I bought my coworker's 1992 Lexus SC400 off of him. There are a bunch of dings here and there, but the car checked out very solid mechanically. I do a lot of the work myself, so all routine maintenance was done on the car as well as a full suspension swap over the course of the last week.

I'm focusing a bit on the interior now since it's pretty ratty. The owner before him literally didn't give a rat's behind about the taking care of the leather and all. But the one thing that REALLY is bugging me is the fact that the Driver's side Door Panel trim (lower half) cracked at the plastic joints and pretty much dangles. This car is supposed to be my daily driver, but because of this nuisance- I find my race car (built Mazda Miata) easier to get in and out of.

I've been searching local junkyards and craigslist, but can't seem to find a replacement panel. I know the dealership wanted $1300 for a new one- which is seriously $600 more than what I paid for the car. If any of the members here have access to junkyard or parts car with this part, can you please kindly forward me some information? Thanks in advance.

Oh....and the interior panel is grey in color.

Hi guys,

I bought my coworker's 1992 Lexus SC400 off of him. There are a bunch of dings here and there, but the car checked out very solid mechanically. I do a lot of the work myself, so all routine maintenance was done on the car as well as a full suspension swap over the course of the last week.

I'm focusing a bit on the interior now since it's pretty ratty. The owner before him literally didn't give a rat's behind about the taking care of the leather and all. But the one thing that REALLY is bugging me is the fact that the Driver's side Door Panel trim (lower half) cracked at the plastic joints and pretty much dangles. This car is supposed to be my daily driver, but because of this nuisance- I find my race car (built Mazda Miata) easier to get in and out of.

I've been searching local junkyards and craigslist, but can't seem to find a replacement panel. I know the dealership wanted $1300 for a new one- which is seriously $600 more than what I paid for the car. If any of the members here have access to junkyard or parts car with this part, can you please kindly forward me some information? Thanks in advance.

Oh....and the interior panel is grey in color.

I'd definitely recommend you check eBay for your panel! There are lots of Lexus parts and supplies traded there, and there are a number of networked used parts dealers with contacts there. Just search on Lexus parts and you should be in business. These parts places can check to see what's available coast to coast and you'll very likely get the opportunity to select from more than one source. I've had luck there.

epikeddie, Contact Pm this guy Aliga, Sc vendor on this site. He will have the part.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc400-300-...k-interior.html

Authorized CL Vendor AOL IM: PL Gazi

Paypal: gazi_ali@hotmail.com underscore("_") between gazi and ali

Buy with confidence, check my feedback: http:

//sr1.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119137

Or Contact this guy for the part.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc400-300-...e-interior.html