Navigation Version

I have the newest version of the navigation CD in my IS350 and I cannot unlock it at all like I have seen posted of going through the menu and touching the top left and bottom back and forth a few times. So my question is this...

Is this just related to the CD version I have which would mean if I were to get an older version CD online or something would it let me override?

I know the maps would probably be not as updated but sometimes it seems almost worth it to not have to stop if you want to change a destination.

Your navigation system is a Gen 5.

You can make what is called a hybrid disc. You use all the files on your current dual-layer DVD with the exception of the LOADING.KWI file from a 5.1 or earlier disc. Of course the 5.1 LOADING must be from a Gen 5 disc as well. This will use the data from the new disc, and the OS from the old version if that makes sense.

This will allow you to override like you have read, but you would also have the old "I Agree" screen too. Pick your poison. :(

Hope that helps.

Your navigation system is a Gen 5.

You can make what is called a hybrid disc. You use all the files on your current dual-layer DVD with the exception of the LOADING.KWI file from a 5.1 or earlier disc. Of course the 5.1 LOADING must be from a Gen 5 disc as well. This will use the data from the new disc, and the OS from the old version if that makes sense.

This will allow you to override like you have read, but you would also have the old "I Agree" screen too. Pick your poison. :(

Hope that helps.

Now how the hell would you go about getting that done?! Sounds complicated.

Sounds worse than it is once you get cracking on it, assuming you have burned DVDs or CDs before.

Search on Hybrid navigation on here and google. There are walk throughs and even some links to LOADING.KWI files if needed.

Be certain you are looking at Gen 5 info. Different procedures apply to different generations.

Before heading down the path however, you kind of need to be sure you are OK with the "I Agree" screen headache.