Fuse Box Loose?

mdugan322

Long story short i've come to the conclusion that my entire fuse box is loose. Brake lights, a/c unit, radio, and windows will not work. Sitting in the drivers seat, using the point of my left shoe, by applying an ample amount of pressure to the fuse box everything will come on, and when i remove my foot, everything i listed above will go out. Ive checked all the fuses and even the wiring harness in the trunk but those dont seem to be the culprit to my problem.

Possible short? Anyone else have this problem? Thanks for your time in advance!!

So you've got a case of happy feet, eh? :D I would disconnect the batt, then get under there and investigate. Check the cover, panel connections, wiring, fuse holders, etc. Sounds like you have something shorting or not properly connected.

Wow, I have never heard tell of that before. Sounds like someone has tampered with the fuse block sometime in the past. Is the car modified electrically?

other than the starter and small stuff like the cd player, no. Im a have a go at it this afternoon. pull out what i can and punch a few faces. Ill let you guys know what i find! Thanks for your time.

Wow, I have never heard tell of that before. Sounds like someone has tampered with the fuse block sometime in the past. Is the car modified electrically?

other than the starter and small stuff like the cd player, no. Im a have a go at it this afternoon. pull out what i can and punch a few faces. Ill let you guys know what i find! Thanks for your time.

90;

Make sure you check the ground connection to the engine block. I don't know exact location, just trace it back from the negative terminal of the battery. Also check the main positive power lead coming into the fuse block. It sounds like a bad crimp of the ring terminal and the cable is loose inside of the terminal. Hard to imagine though, what with Lexus' quality control.