Cluster Needles Are Shot But Maybe Only In Cold?

ED.

I took my relatives 1993 down to get air in the tires on Saturday morning since they were coming up about 15 PSI :censored: I guess some people don't pay attention to stuff.

I did notice that both of the needles were dead and I don't think they ever came on throughout the trip. Not sure if it was just the cold temperature that morning or this time of year but I do know they've been going out for some time. The lights behind the speedo, tach and two guages were fine and the needles were ok as well. Just the speedometer and tachometer needles were black.

What options are there to fixing them? Would the whole cluster need to be replaced?

Thanks

PS-Is tranny service on the SC failry straight-forward? I did the fluid and filter on our '96 once and I swore never again but that's because I was young and dumb. Now I'm older and dumb but I do have four jack stands instead of two so I can make the car level and not spill it this time!

Toyota fluid only, correct?