Remotes Fcc Code Hyqwdtc

mdvega49

Please, I need help! :chairshot: I need the programming instructions for the two keyless remotes [FCC code # HYQWDTC] for my 1995, Lexus LS 400! :( I use them a lot thus have since replaced the batteries, so now, how do I reprogram the two so they will both function. Does any one have these available and would be kind enough to share the exact needed instructions. For suggesting the dealer(s), I've done such plus searched the web endlessly.

:cheers: Thanking you in advance for you time and attention to the matter.

mdvega49 ........

Are you suggesting that since you replaced the battery in the keyless remote that you need to "reprogram" them?

Very strange .......

I did not know that replacing the battery required "reprogramming"? I've done it twice now with no problems on the '98. It must be different?

For suggesting the dealer(s), I've done such plus searched the web endlessly.

That’s odd ..... the dealer couldn't help?

Kinda strange really.

BTW ....... the programming process for the keys is very specific ........ for a reason, ..... the principal one being theft deterrence.

Yes, it helped, thank you! I also got these instructions today in my email, :chairshot: but I have yet to try either. :huh:

Keyless Entry Remote Transmitter Activation Procedure:

1. Start with the following conditions: Key is out of the ignition, Driver door is open (all other doors are closed) and Driver door is unlocked (other door don’t matter).

2. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) and pull it out.

3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:

a. Using the power lock/unlock switch on the driver’s door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock (a lock/unlock cycle consists of pressing the power lock switch, followed by pressing the power unlock switch on the driver’s door panel. Use an even pace and try to go relatively fast).

b. Close, then open the drivers door.

4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:

a. Using the power lock/unlock switch on the driver’s door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock (just as you did previously).

b. Insert the key in the ignition cylinder. Turn the ignition to ON (as far as you can go without cranking your engine), then back to OFF.

c. Remove the key from the ignition. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should cycle (lock then unlock) twice automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to Step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

5. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:

a. Press any button on the transmitter for 1 second or more. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should cycle (lock then unlock) once indicating successful programming. If the door locks do not cycle, or cycle twice, repeat this step – your remote has not been accepted.

b. Close then open the door once.

c. Press any button on the transmitter for 1 second or more. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should cycle (lock then unlock) once indicating successful programming. If the door locks do not cycle, or cycle twice, repeat this step – your remote has not been accepted.

Close driver door

:D Good luck and thank you again! :cheers:Happy New Year to all!