Electrical I Think

yellowsunshine

Hi, I'm new to this forum. My little sunshine is a IS300 2001. Just bought it in February 2008. The passenger side low and high beams just died out on me. I took off the bulbs and switched them to the driver side headlights and they worked on that side both the low and high beams. I can't seem to find the fuses so I don't know if it is the fuses or if it is an electrical problem. My husband thinks it is electrical, I'm hoping that it isn't. If someone can tell me where to find the exact fuse for the passenger side low and high beams and what happens if it is not the fuse and it is an electrical problem?

What do I do then if it is electrical and not the bulbs or the fuses that are not working.

Please help. This car is my life. I always dreamt of having this car since they first came out and I finally bought one in brand new condition with extremely low mileage and the color that I always wanted: YELLOW.

I already got a ticket from the cops for driving with inoperative headlights.

Hello, welcome to the LOC.

Yours is an 01, so you have halegen bulbs? or has it been upgraded to the HIDs? You can tell by the type of bulb it takes. If the bulb looks like a clear light bulb it's halegen, if it looks like a long fuse then it's HID.

Hello, welcome to the LOC.

Yours is an 01, so you have halegen bulbs? or has it been upgraded to the HIDs? You can tell by the type of bulb it takes. If the bulb looks like a clear light bulb it's halegen, if it looks like a long fuse then it's HID.

The high beams are halegen and the low beams are HID. My husband was working on the car again and he indicated that there is no electric at all going thru the lights. We already tested the lights on the other side of the car which is the driver side and they are working. They are not working at all on the passenger side so that means that it is not the actual light bulbs it is the electric current that is not functioning. What else should I look for, I mean will it be expensive to fix if it is an electrical problem?

• 2 months later...

did you get a reply to this at all yet? i can only assume that the problem has been solved, it's been a long time. it's a pretty common problem, most likely a headlight ballast. best bet is to find it used on ebay, they are very expensive from the dealer. probably a good idea to get two bulbs at the same time.