Lexus Oem Wheel Fitment Question

Lexusfreak

I might have an opportunity to get a set of OEM 17" (from a 2008 IS) wheels for the new set of winter tires I recently purchased (215 55 17). They are the same bolt pattern & AKAIK the same offset as my ES 350 wheels, they are just wider.....8" as opposed to 7.5" for my ES wheels. Can anyone confirm that they will fit 'plug & play' without any issues? Thanks in advance.

:cheers:

I find it hard to believe the offsets are the same since the IS is RWD and the ES is FWD, but they may be, or they may be such that the difference won't make a difference. (my god, I sound like yogi berra).

I also think the IS is staggered so make sure that all four rims are in fact the same size.

steviej

I find it hard to believe the offsets are the same since the IS is RWD and the ES is FWD, but they may be, or they may be such that the difference won't make a difference. (my god, I sound like yogi berra).

I also think the IS is staggered so make sure that all four rims are in fact the same size.

steviej

lol Steve! :lol: That was classic & made my evening (but I know exactly what you mean). Thanks for the heads up bud.

Might have a lead on a set of 1st generation 2005 IS 17" wheels (5 spoke).....I read SK's wheel fitment guide here but just want to confirm that a set of these will fit 'plug & play' with no issues on my ES? Please advise & thanks.

Ok, fist gen IS was a no go.....asking way too much $$$ for the wheels & with the shipping costs was just nuts. :rolleyes:

But.....after calling my dealer, they confirmed that a set of 17" from a 2008 IS 250 AWD (from a local member) will fit 'plug & play' without any issues even though they are 8" in width, as opposed to 7.5".

Also found a pretty good tire/wheel calculator tool here...

http://www.wheelsmaster.com/rt_specs.jsp

so now Bren, how many sets of wheels and tires you gonna have for this baby? :P

I count three including your snows. your OCD is acting up again, just like mine. I had to stop at 2. :rolleyes:

steviej

Just two sets my friend....my current ES 350's for my '3 seasons' & the IS 250 AWD for my winters. ;)

Going with a set of Toyo Observe Garit KX (H speed rated) winters btw.....they are 'top shelf'.

I put a set of Toyo Observe G-02+ on the Wife's Subi just before X-mas (I'm a romantic....I buy tires for her lol :lol: :P ) & they have been just awesome.

Just two sets my friend....my current ES 350's for my '3 seasons' & the IS 250 AWD for my winters. ;)

Going with a set of Toyo Observe Garit KX (H speed rated) winters btw.....they are 'top shelf'.

I put a set of Toyo Observe G-02+ on the Wife's Subi just before X-mas (I'm a romantic....I buy tires for her lol :lol: :P ) & they have been just awesome.

what did you do with the set of wheels/tires that came with the ES initially?

steviej

what did you do with the set of wheels/tires that came with the ES initially?

steviej

I sold them to a member here back in late April of 08 for his LS400 (still have the spare though).