04 Rx330 Navi Update

Rhodes18

I have an 04 rx330 with nav.

Anyone know the least expensive way to update the nav?

I'm not concerned about color and cosmetics, would just like the updated streets, poi's....

I recenly purchased the most recent update ver 8.1 that came out in the month of October from yodaling@hotmail.com

You may want to contact him with my reference. He sent me a copy of the DVD and it works great.

Deepak

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not concerned about color and cosmetics, would just like the updated streets, poi's....

Any update to this? was yodaling@hotmail.com able to assist? I too am looking for an inexpensive way to update the maps for my 2004 RX330. I was traveling to Nova Scotia from Ontario over the holidays and found out that there are no mapped roads east of Montreal with the old 2004 version of the maps (about 60% of the trip).

I used my portable GPS as a backup in case I got lost but would love to upgrade the existing maps for the future.

Any luck and at what cost?

Any update to this? was yodaling@hotmail.com able to assist? I too am looking for an inexpensive way to update the maps for my 2004 RX330. I was traveling to Nova Scotia from Ontario over the holidays and found out that there are no mapped roads east of Montreal with the old 2004 version of the maps (about 60% of the trip).

I used my portable GPS as a backup in case I got lost but would love to upgrade the existing maps for the future.

Any luck and at what cost?

I got one from him a month ago for my 2004 RX330 and it works great. $100.00.

I got a burnt copy from yodaling@hotmail.com for $100, but haven't had any luck getting it to work.

After putting the disc into the unit in the hatch, I get an error message of "Unable to read data. Check if map DVD is correct."

One would assume that the intaller (me) is not doing something correctly, but I don't see what I could be doing wrong. I don't have a problem re-installing the factory DVD.

Anyone have any ideas?

Is it very common that the drive won't read a burnt disc?

Do you know where one could get an original disc for less than what the dealer wants?

I've only seen the problem in generation 2/3 drives, especially in the earlier years. Perhaps the lenses back then weren't as strong or reliable as the current ones, or they have deteriorated over time.

If you're looking for OEM discs, I would say ebay or craigslist would be your best bet.

I have an OEM gen5 7.1 and an OEM gen4 5.1 that I should put up for sale soon in the classifieds.